So the road ahead for me looks like a staged reconstruction where I will have spaced out surgeries with drugs in between. This is more natural in the long run (but lets be real, me with any boobs at all is not natural).
I have officially booked my 1st surgery for Jan 21st with the surgeons at Siteman Cancer Ctr. The breast surgeon will perform a double mastectomy and then the reconstructive surgeon will place the tissue expanders in. These are basically temporary implants which the dr. will fill in over time to expand my muscles and skin so there is room for the permanent implants.
Once this surgery is performed I'll stay in the hospital for a day or two, come home to heal and ideally have maids, chefs, a laundress, a driver, a governess, as well as a private nurse.......wait what? Oh right, that person is one person, and it's my mom ;o) She flies here on the 17th!
About a month after surgery, I will probably start on the road to chemotherapy. (will have a better idea on details after Friday, the 9th, when I have my oncologist appt.) I'm not quite sure what that picture will look like as far as how long, how often, which chemo drugs, etc.
Then depending on what they find during surgery (has it spread to the lymph nodes?) I may need to do radiation after chemo is complete. Again, no idea if this is even necessary, so if it is, I don't know timing on this.
Once all of the cancer killing stuff is finished (official medical terms ;o) and I am recovered and feeling good, I'll have the next surgery, which is some sort of flap reconstruction and the permanent implants.
See how super easy that was? Done. Done. And Done. I got this!
You've totally got this. 👍👍
ReplyDeleteThis blog is amazing, I love you, great way to keep us all updated
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. I knew I loved you.This is incredible.
ReplyDeleteYou friggin inspire me!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm in tears right now. Not overwhelmed with sadness, but pride. So proud of you, your attitude and your strength. Most of all, proud to call you friend...sister. I love you. Xo
ReplyDeleteI just came on to read again, I'm just so in awe of how amazing you are, I love you Becky Britton Kaplan Love Auntie xxxooo
ReplyDeleteGreat attitude Becky!! I admire both your attitude and strength!! You so got this! I will be thinking of you and I am sending you lots of hugs!!! Xo
ReplyDeleteI agree with my sis!!!
ReplyDeleteYour strength is amazing!
Love you, Bex! Your strength will get you through this fight. Thanks for keeping us updated!
ReplyDeleteYou do got this! Love your attitude and admire your strength! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou do got this! Love your attitude and so admire your strength! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou got this...no doubt!! One foot in front of the other and one moment at a time. So so so so proud of you. You make my heart smile!! love you
ReplyDeleteI love you so much and so happy your Mom is there with you for your surgery, as I'm sure you are too. Love & {{{{{hugs}}}}} to everyone Auntie xxxxxooooo
ReplyDeleteHi Buggy been thinking about you! HIIYAAHHHHHH!!
ReplyDelete